USMLE Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have studied Kaplan lecture notes twice and UW and First Aid once along with Q book.
When I was studying UW for the Patho and Pharmaco I found myself to be correct for 65 to 70 percent correct. I didn't test my first time UW for other subjects.
Some of my friends has adviced me to study kaplan lecture notes for the third time followed by UW of each subject, and after this study kaplan Q bank within 15 to 20 days i.e., in a fast manner, and then study First Aid again and to NBME .
Can somebody tell me whether or not this is the correct way?
If yes, how much more time is needed to perform this task from now on??/:confused:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Dear Dr. N,

don't worry u're doing it the right way. this is just how the study process is. yes all subjects need u to repeat at least the kaplan notes. repeat them as many times as u think u need to. some choose to repeat it at least 5 times. but i think it all depends on u. should u feel repeating it isnt doing any good then perhaps for u, repeating the q book several times will do it. try the USMLE world as well. those questions are of high quality. very close to the actual exam. the entire study process for the step 1 requires 1 and 1/2 years (which is mormally done while studying medicine). but if u are working and may have more time at hand (because u don't need to study for yr local exams) then perhaps 1 year is sufficient. but again, don't merely time yourself or tell yourself how many times u are to repeat a subject. do it as many times should u feel necessary to have remembered at least 90% of everything.

Good Luck!
:)

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
65 to 70% in UW is a great score, what was your over all performance? you may not need to repeat Kaplan notes at this point

1 - 4 of 4 Posts