USMLE Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone.

I passed the Step 2 CS in 2011. I did well. Personally I'm looking to get in touch, so that I can refresh my Hx taking and clinical skills. Me refreshing my Hx taking skills may even come in the form of me sharing my personal experience about the exam. With that said, if you want to get in touch just for the sake of gaining advice, please feel free to do so. I'll be happy to help out as I can.

I've enclosed a snapshot of my CS score.

All the best and take care.

Danish
skype ID: wytchdokter

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tips for CS in 4 weeks

Thank you for the Congrats.

Someone advised me to look at it from the perspective of the 'patient'. How would you want the person who is responsible for your well being to interact with you.

The patient is coming to you in a time of need. So it is important for the physician to be

1. Confident - the patient should feel and believe that they are in good hands. You are the physician. Take charge of the situation.

2. Do what you can to put them at ease and make them comfortable. If they are sitting upright on the examination bed, make sure the leg extension is out. If their legs are uncovered, make sure to drape their legs. Our emotions affect the people around us, so be Calm, and you will put them at ease.

Honestly there are other points, but I believe I'd be able to communicate them more effectively over skype. Let me know. All the best

1 - 4 of 4 Posts