USMLE Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I took my exam on 25th Feb 2015 and have been waiting results. However, I can't seem to focus on anything except obsessing over all the things I got wrong. I got extremely nervous for the first three blocks and made a lot of stupid mistakes (counted 30 plus so far). There was a lot of anatomy and slide/picture things I didn't know plus add the things I got wrong unknowingly. I did really well in nbmes and uworld simulations

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, 2016 not 2015. The post got submitted before I could finish it. I was wondering if someone had a similar experience but still managed to score okay? I would be very grateful for any insight or advice.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think what you're feeling is how most people feel, remembering everything that went wrong.

The best score predictor is always the scores you were getting on practice exams before. I was told that your practice test + or - 10 points is almost always the range in which your final score will fall.

That being said, the best advice is to get your mind off of your test score and focus on other things! Good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think what you're feeling is how most people feel, remembering everything that went wrong.

The best score predictor is always the scores you were getting on practice exams before. I was told that your practice test + or - 10 points is almost always the range in which your final score will fall.

That being said, the best advice is to get your mind off of your test score and focus on other things! Good luck
Thank you for you reply. I was just wondering if people had similar experiences in the exam.Unfortunately, I really can't turn the fixation off.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Well i'd recomend meeting people. They will take your mind off. Watch movies. ENjoy! You just got through a life-changing experience. Relax! You deserve it :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts