586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me share with you my score95 one day experience
I've got score95 today
I was so excited to get 8900 Questions in all the three steps for only $79
They shipped the CD in two days and am ready to go

IMG_0292.jpg

However,

I was shocked to see that the questions are mostly short stem questions with no clinical case scenarios.
USMLE exams as far as I know does not include such kind of questions anymore!

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
When get 3000+ questions for step 1
Unlimited access
and at price less than 50% of the standard Kaplan and UW

There's must be something wrong

Score 95 sucks

Question quality is bad, written quickly without editing and that's why it's cheaper

Don't do it

If you need to supplement your Kaplan and UW then go for USMLErx

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Score95 gives no percentage of previously answered questions

There's another defect in score95
It does not tell you how many people had answered that particular question before so you never know your position
while this feature is available in UW and USMLE rx as and I think Kaplan also

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Score95 is a crap, really
I got the CD

• There's a video explanation on how to install and the video did not play!
  • They ask to install something called dotnetfx for Windows Xp and it did not install!
  • Their contact page in their website was not accessible for two days
  • Very little images questions
  • No support email
  • Wrong answers are not explained why wrong
  • Questions are low quality and some of them even has spelling mistakes!

Don't get fooled by the attractive price, Score95 sucks :mad:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys, I disagree with the replies here
Score95 is a very well written qbank and just because it's cheaper than the others does not mean it's bad
They are trying to promote their new services with competing prices but their questions are exam style questions

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
The fact that they send you the questions in a CD means that these questions are staggering and are not updated frequently :(

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
score95 is a great question bank
it's very helpful for all the steps
although it doesn't have the popularity that we see with kaplan and usmleworld but I think their quality is not less
I know many friends in school who relied completely on score95 and they did very well in the exam
this poll in this thread is not correct and it's insulting and you have to remove it :mad:

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Outdated questions and poorly written

I got the CD, the questions are seriously poorly written and outdated and does not reflect the current trend at all.
Stay away from it ... seriously

·
Registered
365 Posts
It's terrible.

The guy that made the program couldn't even pass his step 1 exam, yet he's trying to sell questions that won't get you anywhere. The guy's not even a doctor. He tried using Kaplan questions and they sent him a cease letter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
score 95

guys i am going to buy it should i or shoild i not because i am really worried to get good scores on step 1
some one told me its a good book to get good scores
plz help

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
I just got a chance to have look at these pathetic DVDs

I just wonder how do these guys still in the market, I mean they are way off from reality, their questions are like 10 years old

Definitely a NO NO NO

·
Registered
1 Posts
Those guys from score 95 are unreachable. I have left so many message in their voice mail even sent many emails to them for almost a month. They do not respond .
What a poor service we get from them. I do not trust them with their material neither :(:(:(:(:(:(:mad:.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have bought it for me and a friend for Step 3 as Kaplan and UW poll for step 3 contain few questions. Yesterday I received DVD too. Interestingly it didn't have additional registration key, so it was useless to pay for it additionally, if I could download from the site and use one of the 2 keys ( for different computers) they give when you buy. Recently my laptop had problems and it is in repair. Now I think after repair perhaps I can't use the previous registrations key.
Questions and answers really are quite old and very short. They lie by putting as a sample case like questions, then when you buy it turns out that real questions are not like that.
But as I paid money, I will do at least part of it and hopefully it may be somewhat helpful. If you have a lot of time and extra money you can buy, otherwise it is useless to pay for that crap :mad:
I once tried USMLErx, long ago, for Step 1 and it was too easy. That's why I didn't take it. But anyway I think USMLErx must be better than this crap.

·
Registered
365 Posts
The guy that made it took questions from other banks. Kaplan wrote him a cease letter which he then took those questions out. He didn't write one question. He never even passed his usmle step 1. He failed out and never continued.

Don't buy this qbank.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Guys, I disagree with the replies here
Score95 is a very well written qbank and just because it's cheaper than the others does not mean it's bad
They are trying to promote their new services with competing prices but their questions are exam style questions
Hi. I would not totally agree with you. But while doing it I changed my mind about it. At first I thought it was terrible, but now I think it contains much useful information. The only problem it has, the questions are not like real ones, they are much shorter, then, it is old one. But if one has longer time for preparation than couple of months, definitely can buy it, as it is not for just a month, once you buy, you can have the access forever by your computer. Recently I lost my laptop and when asked them, they sent me additional couple of activation keys, many thanks to them for that. I discovered a lots of new information in tests, that I didn't met in any other resource. This source is not perfect one as UW but you can do it and explore it for longer time with a chance to better learn information in it, to later practice tests with UW or Kaplan. Currently I am satisfied with it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts