USMLE Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did NBME form 6 online and my score is 430.

My exam is end of next month and am so depressed now and really do not want to shift my exam.

Please encourage me. My spirit is down. I've not finished my u world . I've about 30% of the uworld Qs remaining. I intend to do my u world assessment 1 and 2 by this weekend, I hope that will help before I give another NBME.

But I need to be encouraged.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I did NBME form 6 online and my score is 430.

My exam is end of next month and am so depressed now and really do not want to shift my exam.

Please encourage me. My spirit is down. I've not finished my u world . I've about 30% of the uworld Qs remaining. I intend to do my u world assessment 1 and 2 by this weekend, I hope that will help before I give another NBME.

But I need to be encouraged.
Utilize the next 30 days to the maximum. Read at least 12 hours per day. Do as much questions as you can. Finish the USMLEWorld. Review your material. Do another NBME two weeks before the exam.

Don't panic! I know several friends who jumped their NBME predictions from 200 to 220 or 230 in a matter of 2 to 3 weeks.

It just needs determination, persistence, will, and avoidance of panic. Focus on the questions and try to analyze why you are answering incorrectly.

Wishing you all success.

Let us know what happened with you later ..

·
Registered
73 Posts
hey,...be confident,..i got 510 /94,..1 week before my exam...wich was on may 30....( i did my nbme6 after completing UW,... but no firstaid,. and revision of final tit bit.).. i worked hard during those 8 daz:eek:,..did firstaid twice n revised UW notes n other topics,.. i was successfull in improving my score to 99...:) so u have 1 month u can improve a lot.... all the best

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello

Hi don't feel bad ... i got 390 in the NBME 6 maybe you were nervous and anxious about your score you didn't take breaks so keep going and studying and focus in your weak areas ... I suggest to do to test you passing every 2 weeks doing the u world assements and two weeks before your test do another NBME and if you get low scores delay your test :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes i will complete my u world then do FA and also do another nbme. like u said i did the 4 blocks at a go and by the time i got to last block my brain was blocked, i couldnt think properly again when i was reviewing the Qs i found out i stupidly failed a lot of Qs i knew.

·
Registered
919 Posts
yes i will complete my u world then do FA and also do another nbme. like u said i did the 4 blocks at a go and by the time i got to last block my brain was blocked, i couldnt think properly again when i was reviewing the Qs i found out i stupidly failed a lot of Qs i knew.
:happy: one month is a loooong way to go. plenty of time for improvement. this is how it starts for most people. it's better to start at a low score n wrk to push urself up instead of starting with a 90+ n thinking u're already good n not pushing urself hard enough.

good luck... in 2 weeks from now when u have done lots more qbanks, let us know how u score then.;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm different, I'm going to caution you, 430 is low, NBME is easier then the real thing, they have not changed the questions on the NBME in some cases, 10 years. Yet Step one questions have changed a lot.

You want to be at 500 on the score, you are truly weak in areas and need more time I truly would consider giving yourself an extra 2 weeks and postpone the exam, study weal areas do more qbank questions and concentrate on getting 70% correct in block rather then how much you have done. You see you can say I went through 2 years of medical school but what was your grades? If you had 90% on tests you did well, if you had 70% and 68% you did not in school. Its the same for practice for the Step one, 70% is min for success. 65 to 68% correct you will pass, but for 90's you want to be in the 70% range of getting it right.

you can do it just do not rush. GL

·
Registered
316 Posts
yep be cautious!!! i second drfp... delay a bit u cant take risks with ur exam... best of luck!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts