USMLE Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im doing subject wise timed tested mode for in anatomy physiology and biochem...(not random but im doing each seperately.....) i have finished around 3 blocks in anat and 2 each in biochem and physio....but im scoring around 50-68% my average being 59%....i still have my other subjects to be done but im not able to understnad what must i do to increase my scores...
shud i re-read these subjects or just move on? plz advice :(:toosad:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i dont really mind the scores...but all im feeling bad about is i am not improving after each block....

·
Registered
69 Posts
dear smita, don't be discouraged for the following reasons:
1- you've only done 3 blocks and it's too early to judge
2- think of q banks as a learning tool, not as an assessment tool
3- kaplan q bank is known to have many low yield concepts, so 60% is actually pretty good

so keep soldiering on, i would say don't take as many notes from kaplan as you normally would with uw. good luck and soldier on

Reactions: smita

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dear smita, don't be discouraged for the following reasons:
1- you've only done 3 blocks and it's too early to judge
2- think of q banks as a learning tool, not as an assessment tool
3- kaplan q bank is known to have many low yield concepts, so 60% is actually pretty good

so keep soldiering on, i would say don't take as many notes from kaplan as you normally would with uw. good luck and soldier on
thanks a lot for ur kind words.....i am done with 7blocks actually...but it stilll doesnt matter i guess..i get t what u mean..thank u :) :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts