USMLE Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I know that you've been telling unmatched desperate people like me go and apply for the scramble match.

But today I realized that the Scramble match is a big joke.

If the main match is 70% connection then this Scramble match is 99% connection if not 100%.

When I opened my NRMP unfilled positions right after they posted them yesterday. I saw a program with three unfilled positions. So I was grabbing my stuff to get ready to apply to them.

Within, 5 minutes, not exaggerating really 5 minutes. Those unfilled 3 positions disappeared and that program no longer has unfilled positions!

How come on earth that applicants got their documents, applied, and interviewed, and accepted into these three positions within 5 minutes!

Program directors use the unfilled positions to pay their debts toward their friends and get those positions to be filled by "recommended" connected candidates. They do so to satisfy their Ego "by telling themselves, OK we did not fill the program with connections we used the match and only those unfilled positions we used them to get our friends and recommendations"

The scramble match is a joke my friends.

Don't ever waste your money and time applying to it. ...

·
Registered
535 Posts
Most of the time it is a connection matter. Whether your connections were faculty, staff, residents or even reliable nurses or adminstrative employee. However I still think that preliminary surgery is relatively easy to get as an IMG. The unfilled positions each year are abundant, I know many IMGs each year matching into them.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

Most of the time it is a connection matter. Whether your connections were faculty, staff, residents or even reliable nurses or adminstrative employee. However I still think that preliminary surgery is relatively easy to get as an IMG. The unfilled positions each year are abundant, I know many IMGs each year matching into them.
Thanks, I did apply to prelim surgery, let's see

1 - 3 of 3 Posts