USMLE Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Awesome Colleagues,

I am applying for step 1 exam, and I came across employment details while applying. To be honest I'm currently employed, but not in medical field. I am a teacher at the moment. I want to be honest and mention that on my application, but I'm very concerned that this might affect my ERAS/Residency application latter on. I'm so confused and worried, shall I just choose unemployed or state my current employment status ?

Any advice will highly appreciated !!

Thank you all !!

Be safe & warm Northeast Coasters :)

Mina

·
Registered
55 Posts
What's the point of mentioning employment as a teacher? One program director might look at that and say you are not dedicated towards the medical field. Another program director might like the fact that you're a teacher, and wanted to stay actively contributing to society. Totally your call, but I would just go with unemployed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's the point of mentioning employment as a teacher? One program director might look at that and say you are not dedicated towards the medical field. Another program director might like the fact that you're a teacher, and wanted to stay actively contributing to society. Totally your call, but I would just go with unemployed.
Thanks !! I see what you mean, and that is my main concern. Another question please, do you know if the employment part on step 1 exam application will be viewed by the program director ? in other words, what is the point of them collecting your employment info during your application for the exam ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
always be honest, never lie

residency will not see this info, unless you put on ERAS application.

It's strictly for ECFMG certification

1 - 5 of 5 Posts