USMLE Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am on my first reading ...I have done physio, biochem, anatomy and pharma ..I was just wondering...when do we do qbanks, qbooks, Uworld, and FA?

I mean ideal time would be what????

need help
thanks....

·
Registered
195 Posts
I would highly recommed that you leave Kaplan Q bank, Uworld and NBMEs after your first read. Some for right at the end! like NBME forms 6 & 7 Which to me are the pre STEP 1 test for every one!
You can do other recommended book like pre test for physiology, USMLERX and others along with ur 1st read!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

thanks a lot but one more quick question what about FA? it should be after 2nd read?

·
Registered
161 Posts
hie i am on my first reading ...i have done physio,biochem ,anatomy and pharma ..i was just wondering...when do we do qbanks .qbook ,Uworld and FA?i mean ideal time would be what????
need help
thanks....
Finish all of u r subjects, buy FA and then start doing questions from kaplan qbank first. while doing questions u will come across lot's of info which u feel is HY and u will forget-write down that info in FA. complete qbank 50% and then read up and review FA and the small notes which u have written in it. den compete kaplan qbank, give another revision to fa and kaplan also this time note down points from kaplan which u still feel u have missed and start with u world.

All the best :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
The standard recommendation for study is
  • 1st read of Kaplan lecture notes with Kaplan Dvds with a few exceptions/additions as mentioned above
  • 2nd Read Kaplan lecture notes with First Aid and Q banks.
  • Practice as much MCQs as you (Kaplan Q bank, USMLE world Q bank, USMLERx Q bank)
  • 3rd Read with First Aid revision and more practice of MCQs
  • NBME, UWSA & other online MCQs practice
Different Individuals study in a different way with more and less number of reads but this is the basic and most widely recommended way.

You can add some q books i have mentioned during your 1st read too!

Hope that helps!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts