USMLE Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

this is the best way to learn microbiology for the USMLE step 1.
I've been using it since my ID class (6 months ago) and now to prepare for the USMLE 1. My classmates that just took the USMLE step 1 this month have said that during their test the easiest section was the ID section because sketchy micro was fresh in their heads.

https://www.sketchymedical.com

Anyway, just FYI for those who like me are "visual" learns and are short on time :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think usmle-simple is the way to go. I have been using it since I started MS2 and its been the best micro resource
USMLE-simple is a video of pure powerpoint slides...for some people (like me) having interactive videos with visual aids makes it so much easier to learn.

Picmonic is great but I like the personal tips the guys at sketchy medical give about "vignettes". I use picmonic mainly for biochem but I have to admit their virus section is awesome!

·
Registered
255 Posts
So picmonic biochem and virus is good ?

USMLE-simple is a video of pure powerpoint slides...for some people (like me) having interactive videos with visual aids makes it so much easier to learn.

Picmonic is great but I like the personal tips the guys at sketchy medical give about "vignettes". I use picmonic mainly for biochem but I have to admit their virus section is awesome!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So picmonic biochem and virus is good ?
Yeah, the lysosome storage diseases is one of my favorite playlist. The psych pharm are actually pretty good and funny. I used the virus playlist for my ID module because sketchy medical didn't have the virus, fungi, and parasites videos at that time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
picmonic 20% discount !! :)

if you want, i have a link to a 20% discount on picmonic. (for the 3 months & annual subscriptions)

app.picmonic.com/referrals/DFOQ5USMBTFF
(copy this line to your browser)

hope it helps, and good luck to all of us..... :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts