USMLE Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are some questions remembered on USMLE Step 1 this year. They are not exactly as they were but the concept is the same.
1- A 1-year-old boy with a history of many bacterial, viral and fungal infections presents to his physician with chronic diarrhea. Laboratory tests show that both B- and T-Lymphocytes counts are very low. What is the most likely diagnosis, etiology and treatment?
2- A 50-year-old man presents with productive cough, chest pain and fever for 2 days. Last week, he returned from a trip to Phoenix, Arizona. Sputum analysis shows yeast cells. Direct Fluorescent Antibody Staining reveals broad-based budding. What is the causative organism?
3- 3- A 5-year-old boy with skin lesions everywhere present with his parents to discuss the result of biopsies taken from different skin lesions. The report shows squamous cell carcinoma on several biopsies. What mutation is most likely found on this boy's DNA?
They are not hard questions but USMLE still has some easy questions like those. Answer

·
Registered
24 Posts
The questions look really straight forward. Uworld questions are more difficult. Even after identifying a causative organism from the vignette, there is no guarantee that the question following it would be straight forward. seems your exam was pretty cool. when are you expecting your result to be released???

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not the exact words

drkene...as I mentioned I don't want to put the questions exactly as they are otherwise, I will be accused of irregular behavior. Concluding, if you know this information, you will answer them correctly with the different scenario. Not all the questions are hard, not even half of them. But we remember only the difficult ones because those which took the long time to think about. Fortunately, I finished all the tests and I got my residency and almost done with it too. Those concepts are from people who took the test this year.........Have a great luck....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts