USMLE Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
plz help me out, i just got my US ID with the name written on my passport and visa but in my diploma there is a spelling difference for this I have my medical official letter in that they written "the name in passport and the name in degree belongs to a same person" is that enough b/c I do not have time i have to take exam in April 2011 in US.
One more thing there is a question in application the name in your diploma do I write it with the diploma spelling?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Have you tried to talk to ECFMG about this? They might have the correct answer. If you are required to submit a name change form you still have a long time but the school might have to send in another 186 so that might be a problem. Usually though, you can fax in your official documentation, they can take a look and decide what you should do then tell you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
yeah, my senior had similar problem, he talked to ecfmg and they made him send another document of identification( i forget the number) form PLUS another form that showed his name change/ misprint since his name was misprinted on his diploma.

Call Ecfmg, write down their instructions, go to your school and tell them to do exactly.
goodluck

·
Registered
741 Posts
plz help me out, i just got my US ID with the name written on my passport and visa but in my diploma there is a spelling difference for this I have my medical official letter in that they written "the name in passport and the name in degree belongs to a same person" is that enough b/c I do not have time i have to take exam in April 2011 in US.
One more thing there is a question in application the name in your diploma do I write it with the diploma spelling?
As long as your medical school mentions clearly that you are the same person then you should have no problem and you don't need to submit any other forms.
Make sure to answer all the online questions with the name that you registered with (your passport name).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts