USMLE Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am in a medical school in Pakistan. Well hopefully I will try to give my best efforts into it. It's just that nobody around me has the experience of USMLE so I need some advices Plus some help into what really should I plan of starting off with?

I need to know that I am going to study at home so which Plan to prefer the home study Plan or the notes plus videos? Or only Kaplan lecture notes? And where to buy them from?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Should I start applying for the exam now and how much time it takes?

Thank you so much for the reply. I found it quite useful needless to say.
Together with studying for it should I start for the application of the exam from now I mean before 4 months? And can I get the link of how to apply and what materials are required for it? Plus should I buy the notes from amazon or subscribe online for Kaplan course which I don't know anything about? Are they both the same things or different and which is more beneficial?

Thanks once again

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
should I buy the notes from amazon or subscribe online for Kaplan course which I don't know anything about? Are they both the same things or different and which is more beneficial?
Kaplan Lecture Notes from Amazon and from Kaplan course are the same books. However when you join Kaplan course, you'll get more materials such as the videos and access to live lectures.
To see which Kaplan option is best, have a look at this poll
http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-s...ads/667-best-kaplan-usmle-step-1-options.html

-

·
Registered
58 Posts
hey where in pakistan are you? i graduated from pakistan(lahore) but im a nepali national and im back home now. if ur in lahore i think u can get ur kaplan books frm union bookshop behind KEMU. i was not into studying for step 1 whe i was a student i just started 1 week ago here in nepal so im not sure abt the books over there. well its not easy for international med students while still in college but not impossible. im sure u can do it.

I started off with physio and a lot of people tols me it was a very good idea so i would also advise you to do as. and make sure you watch the lecutres side by side. they r really helpful..at least for physio. i cant say about the rest.

as far as the ecfmg is concerned, previous test takers told me to start with that only after i finish my 1st reading of kaplan but it depends hw many times ur planning to revise to u time urself.

good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts