USMLE Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am preparing for Step 3 and want to apply, I read on some old forum posts that it's important to apply in certain states because they don't have special requirements.... is this still true nowadays? And where do I indicate the state I want to apply through? I could not find anything on the subject on the FSMB website

Thank you

· Registered
981 Posts
Hello

I am preparing for Step 3 and want to apply, I read on some old forum posts that it's important to apply in certain states because they don't have special requirements.... is this still true nowadays? And where do I indicate the state I want to apply through? I could not find anything on the subject on the FSMB website

Thank you
most of us apply to CT as it has very less paperwork requirements. it does not matter which state you apply and which state y take exam. neither has it any specific future consequences

· Registered
20 Posts
Hello

Thank you
There is no longer a requirement to apply for the Step 3 through a state board. You now apply directly through FSMB.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.