USMLE Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ppl i got my step 1 score today.. 245:)):))
preparation time-5 months
Materials i did
Patho- pathoma+uw+fa
Physio-kaplan(videos only)+brs+uw+fa
*cardio,renal,respi physio -najeeb videos 2xspeed
whichever topic i didnt understand but mostly ended up doing all lol
Microbiology- mmrc+fa+uw
Pharma-kaplan videos only+uw+fa
Anat/Embryo-Kaplan+brs embryo+snells as reference+uw+fa
Biochem- kaplan+uw+fa
Stats- Kaplan+uw+fa
behaviouralscience- brs+kaplan+uw+fa
Ethics-100 cases+UW+FA

so i started with kaplan in august and ended up annotating extra pointts in fa.. that took 2.5 moths
In oct i started doing UW system wise and annotated it i fa too.. in the end there ws no space on fa so i wrote down uw points.. did uw twice by dec mid..so 2.5 months
gave my 1st nbme7 1 month before exam -20 wrong
nbme 11 233 mainly silly mistakes
nbme 12 240 silly mistakes and didnt review
nbme 13 247
nbme 15 253
nbme 16 and17.. ididnt hav tim so just went through questions just to get idea of what type of stem cud i get
uwsa1 245
uwsa 2 247
real deal 245

THE EXAM DAY
it was cold December 31st 2015 morning..i had snacks and chocolates with me.. at the center things went smoothly. went for exam
block one was toughest around 14-15 behavioral and ethics questions.. i thought i lost my one shot at usmle.. took a break of 5 minutes and started nxt block it was fairly easy.. i was still panicking abt the 1 abysmal block.. time flew by and i had one more tough block 5 or 6 dont remember..two block wr easy and two wr hard.. 3 block wer medium..got out i thought i wont even make 230.. had to endure 15 days of crazy and result cameout 3 weeks later..
if any questions ask away!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow. Cool score. I made 247 which is exactly my last nbme score. How competitive are scores above 240? I'm looking at the 2017 match.

·
Registered
42 Posts
congratssss

hi a friend of mine is having the exam soon , he wanted to know about the slides (pictures) and how you prepared for them.
good luck on step 2.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey. Prepping for step 1 myself , firstly congrats on a pretty nice score.
Just wanted to ask how to prepare for the ethics cases ??
And approximately how many questions from genetics and biochem ? I have heard ethics and statistics are becoming a major chunk on the exam , is that true ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
so when was the last nbme you took? how many days far from your exam day? and what did u do in the last 5 days of the exam?? my exam in 5 days and i dont really feel good at all

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi i did fa mostly.. Went through nbme 16 . mostly i did my weakest topics like acidosis-alkalosis , pelvic anatomy, psychiatry.. Try to get good amount of sleep before exam. Good luck!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Congrats on ur score. I've a question. I'm in a fix between goljan and pathoma :confused: few say pathoma is better and few say Goljan is a must. Did you read Goljan at any time of your prep? or was it only pathoma from the beginning? thanks in advance. :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts