USMLE Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have scored 260 on Step 1 & have just taken Step 2 CK! I scored 260 on UWSA & 252 on NBME 17 (arguably the hardest NBME I have ever taken; on average, people score 15-20 points higher on the actual CK) so I am hoping for the best:).

I finally have time off and would like to tutor anybody that would like to score similarly. I will go over how to tackle questions & any concepts that are confusing. I am a big fan of flashcards and I will set those up for you as well as a general schedule.

I am an IMG from Toronto (Yes, I speak fluent English). If you would like more information, please leave me an inbox message!!!:rolleyes:

Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi! congrats for your unreal score! I have my exam this autumn. I didn't took any NBME/UWSA (but when I did uworld questions offline, I had average 75-78%). I want to ask you and I will be thankful if you will answer me.
1) Which NBME forms need i took (other than 17). I want to took 1 form now to estimate my today's knowledge level and another 1-2 this autumn before exam. Need I take NBME17 and wait for the new forms (19-20 which will be released this March?) or another one? What forms were most predictible for you?
2) What books need I additionally to those I already red? (Kaplan lecture notes+videos 2010 and some 2014 videos, FA2016, pathoma + videos, Goljan rapid review, and, of course uworld notes).

Thank you again :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Struggling IMG here.

Hi! Congrats on your amazing score. I really needed some help with my step 1 prep but I can't pm you cos my post count hasn't reached 15 yet:( Is there an email address through which I can contact you?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi! congrats for your unreal score! I have my exam this autumn. I didn't took any NBME/UWSA (but when I did uworld questions offline, I had average 75-78%). I want to ask you and I will be thankful if you will answer me.
1) Which NBME forms need i took (other than 17). I want to took 1 form now to estimate my today's knowledge level and another 1-2 this autumn before exam. Need I take NBME17 and wait for the new forms (19-20 which will be released this March?) or another one? What forms were most predictible for you?
2) What books need I additionally to those I already red? (Kaplan lecture notes+videos 2010 and some 2014 videos, FA2016, pathoma + videos, Goljan rapid review, and, of course uworld notes).

Thank you again :)
1. In my opinion, take EVERY form. More questions means more answers to potential questions on your actual exam. I took every NBME that was available as well as any offline forms of old ones I could find.

2. I think you have covered all the essentials. I would recommend DIT as my score increased by 10 after completing it. It is a great review and the videos are short so you don't get bored easily (I personally have a short attention span)!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts