and much more ! > 20 in total

be prepared and win the war !

best of luck

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is really a big problem
I am a medical student and I don't have much clinical experience and I find these UW and Kaplan questions that require diagnosis of a complex clinical case really annoying.
These should not test our clinical knowledge this during our preclinical years :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
caan't challenge USMLE..... can u???? so get adapted to watever they want from you.... da only solution.....:rolleyes:

best of luck to all!!!

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
caan't challenge USMLE..... can u???? so get adapted to watever they want from you.... da only solution.....:rolleyes:

best of luck to all!!!
Yeah why not
probably one day some guy from NBME read this thread and then he send feedback to the committee that students are facing difficulty and so that they change their mind :eek:

·
Registered
236 Posts
I am against taking step 1 before you finish with at least your internal medicine course at your school, espescially if you are an IMG. But it's very rare to see pure clinical questions, like what's the next step? or any question that requires clinical judgement. It's more likely that you see rare syndromes in step 1 than in CK, because they maybe correlated with specific physiological or biochemical principles, but they are rare enough not to see in your entire clinical practice.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am against taking step 1 before you finish with at least your internal medicine course at your school, espescially if you are an IMG. But it's very rare to see pure clinical questions, like what's the next step? or any question that requires clinical judgement. It's more likely that you see rare syndromes in step 1 than in CK, because they maybe correlated with specific physiological or biochemical principles, but they are rare enough not to see in your entire clinical practice.
Most of the clinical case scenarios are purely clinical which require your clinical diagnosis then they ask you about a related basic science question but still you have to make your clinical diagnosis fist before you can answer.
Your are absolutely right, we should never take Step1 before finishing the IM course in college.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts