USMLE Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I Juz done my step1 yesterday.
I rest 2 days before my step1.
Slept well on the previous night...Not tired during the whole exam.
Now I feel restless after the exam. I think before the exam, I feel better .
My first Nbme Form16...220 ( 2 months before )
Then in order...
Nbme 15...234
Nbme 12...234
Nbme 13...232
Nbme 11...239
Nbme 17...252 ( 1 week before exam )
Kaplan simulated 8hr exams...69% and 76% ( I did them like real exam with timer for my stamina )
U world simulated exams .. 244 and 252.
When I did the Uworld form2 ( I got 244 )... I even wanna cry cox I hav to guess a lot. ��
Free 150 ( 4days before exam )...84%
Real exam ... I feel so calm coz I meditate a lot and feeling " learned helplessness " ������
Exam is not too difficult but trust me, TIME is a real problem.
I left 5 minutes each block and in block2...Juz 2 minutes left and I marked a lot in that block.
They ask the Usual Concepts from Uworld and Nbme .
I hav like 15s to read the question...15s to read the Answer choices ( they r long and some r in 3/4columns and oh... Those behaviors talking ! ) and 15s to think.
That's it ! If u take longer than this...u with miss a few .
I feel like even the exam is not too difficult , I did lots of craps !!!!
So far I can remember , I did 20 OBVIOUS mistakes. I dunno how many mistakes I did unconsciously .
Questions range from " haloperidol action on which Neurotransmitter ? " to " scapholunar ligament" ( which I never heard before and hav to guess from X Ray and question ).
Many female and male pelvics anatomy and head&neck antomy ( about 6/7 )
Anatomy and Stat are my weak points :(
Now feeling restless ... Hoping for the best .
From my previous practice scores .. I still hoping that i will pass .
Now I think after exam-stress is worst then before exam-stress.
Any One with the same feelings ???:rolleyes:

Registered
Then in order...
Nbme 15...234
Nbme 12...234
Nbme 13...232
Nbme 11...239
Kaplan simulated 8hr exams...69% and 76% ( I did them like real exam with timer for my stamina )
When I did the Uworld form2 ( I got 244 )... I even wanna cry cox I hav to guess a lot. 锟斤拷
Real exam ... I feel so calm coz I meditate a lot and feeling " learned helplessness " 锟斤拷锟斤拷锟斤拷
I left 5 minutes each block and in block2...Juz 2 minutes left and I marked a lot in that block.
I hav like 15s to read the question...15s to read the Answer choices ( they r long and some r in 3/4columns and oh... Those behaviors talking ! ) and 15s to think.
So far I can remember , I did 20 OBVIOUS mistakes. I dunno how many mistakes I did unconsciously .
Questions range from " haloperidol action on which Neurotransmitter ? " to " scapholunar ligament" ( which I never heard before and hav to guess from X Ray and question ).
Thanks for post! Hope you will get 260:D

Registered
Then in order...
Nbme 15...234
Nbme 12...234
Nbme 13...232
Nbme 11...239
When I did the Uworld form2 ( I got 244 )... I even wanna cry cox I hav to guess a lot. 锟斤拷
Real exam ... I feel so calm coz I meditate a lot and feeling " learned helplessness " 锟斤拷锟斤拷锟斤拷
congrats :D can you tell us how you studied?

Registered
I read Kaplan once and then did Accessment 1...205:confused: ( it was on January 2015 ) So I studied Kaplan again...RX and Uworld...I listen Goljan. FA again and again. :plz: Hoping for the best now... Good luck to all !
what did you do before nbme 17 that made your score jump

Registered
Congratulations!! All the best to you. Happy-2

Registered
Congratulation that u've done ur exam and thanks for sharing ur experience, I hope u have a score more than ur expectations
For anatomy do u think FA WITH Uw are enough ? Neuro anatomy also?

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Congratulation that u've done ur exam and thanks for sharing ur experience, I hope u have a score more than ur expectations
For anatomy do u think FA WITH Uw are enough ? Neuro anatomy also?
Hello...Anatomy is not ok with FA and Uworld only...In FA, there is only 2-3 pages for both upper limbs and lower limbs .. I think if u read Kaplan thoroughly , it will help. Both nerves and muscles . Some friz said they even ask origins and insertions of muscles . For me , I let it go for those origins and insertions ...but I read Kaplan. Hope my post will help ! Best of luck !!!! In my exams..no questions for origin and insertion of muscle but in Nbme 13( I m not sure ) there is one !

Registered
Hi guys... I got my result today... Over 230...so most of my nbmes r predictable. It is not good but many more exams...huh!!! Good luck everybody out there !!!
Congratulations! When you say the exam was easy....what part of your preparation made it easy for you?

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Congratulations! When you say the exam was easy....what part of your preparation made it easy for you?
I think I rested well before my exam. I did 2 simulated exams ( for 8hrs ). They will help..but hey..my mark is not good. So..I m not very reliable.:indifferent:

Registered
You too? For the last 3 weeks everybody on the forum has been reporting scores far less than their NBMEs. Did they make any changes to the exam pattern or scoring recently?

Registered
You too? For the last 3 weeks everybody on the forum has been reporting scores far less than their NBMEs. Did they make any changes to the exam pattern or scoring recently?
Guys this is happening on ck as well. There's a new topic called "step 2 ck complaints" where everyone's reporting a drastic fall from their predicted nbme and uwsa scores. Check it out

1 - 20 of 32 Posts