USMLE Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I am an IMG. I'll be starting my step 1 preparation soon. Please can anyone tell me if it's advisable to do pathoma book+ lectures and Goljan audio lectures only for pathology.

Also, for phyisology, Kaplan book +lectures and only certain topics from BRS physiology( where Kaplan is lacking ) as BRS physiology is extensive.

Can i start doing few Questions from Qbank from the beginning or should i wait till i am half way through.

Thanks.

I'll really appreciate it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I personally found pathoma videos + goljan book combination a better one (this is what i am following right now).Goljan book helps to integrate different information on each topic in few lines while pathoma book focuses on high yield topics only.
SO if you've got time then go for above combination and if not then pathoma videos+book would be fine.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Pathoma for Pathology seems to be enough...I mean you know each and every single detail of that book and the concepts he explains

If you spare 5days for Goljan Audio that will be cool too but he also discusses the same things as pathoma does!

As of physiology I think watching Kaplan videos and then doing BRS is good...and I would rate BRS over Kaplan in some areas!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi!

I am an IMG. I'll be starting my step 1 preparation soon. Please can anyone tell me if it's advisable to do pathoma book+ lectures and Goljan audio lectures only for pathology.

Also, for phyisology, Kaplan book +lectures and only certain topics from BRS physiology( where Kaplan is lacking ) as BRS physiology is extensive.

Can i start doing few Questions from Qbank from the beginning or should i wait till i am half way through.

Thanks.

Hey!
I am IMG as well.
I think Kaplan + First Aid + Goljan Pathology book is the way to go.
After you finish them then start UW questions and then do NBME.
I hope it helps!
All the best!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pathoma book+lectures are more than enough. Pathoma adds from golgian when needed
Dome found golgian.videos snd book better than pathoma in hematology and musculoskeletal. But honestly I didn't get this far in studying.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I personally found pathoma videos + goljan book combination a better one (this is what i am following right now).Goljan book helps to integrate different information on each topic in few lines while pathoma book focuses on high yield topics only.
SO if you've got time then go for above combination and if not then pathoma videos+book would be fine.
Yup I did this too. Pathoma videos plus goljan RR is the best! I also used to listen to goljan audio on the way to college,library or during long walks.
For physio,RS physio was the trickiest part on my exam. Kaplan plus BRS should be enough though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts