USMLE Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody who has recently taken the Step 1 tell me if the questions format/style is most similar to UW Qbank, Kaplan Qbank, NBME, etc?
Which do you think is the most similar to the actual test?
I have both UW and Kaplan banks but I find that they way the questions are quite different and I find the Kaplan questions much more difficult than UW.
Please let me know your insight on this topic and anything related you would like to add in.
Also, what order should I take the NBME forms? I haven't taken any yet and I am aiming to take my exam in end-August and want to do all of the NBMEs available but don't know what order to do them in and how to space them out over the next few months.

Thanks!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just took my exam a couple weeks ago and I took 4 different NBME forms as well. As far as I can tell, the difficulty of the NBME varies between the different forms too. I can't remember which form was easy and which one was hard. To answer you question, I think the NBMEs really do mimic the actual exam; the actual exam might be a little more difficult, but not by much. UWorld tends to be more difficult than the actual exam though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did u think the actual test was more difficult than the NBMEs that are considered to be hard? or would u say its the same level of difficulty?
did u get ur score back yet? if so was it close to what u were making on the NBMEs? u dont have to announce ur score or anything i just wanna know how far off the scores are.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Haven't received my score, but ya I think the difficulty was similar to the hard NBMEs. But UWorld is a little too hard though. Remember though, your score is based on how everyone else does so the difficulty is irrelevant since more people will do bad if it's harder vs if it's easier.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ohhh ok didnt know that. thanks for the info!
hope u get the score u were hoping for!!! good luck

·
Registered
207 Posts
Haven't received my score, but ya I think the difficulty was similar to the hard NBMEs. But UWorld is a little too hard though. Remember though, your score is based on how everyone else does so the difficulty is irrelevant since more people will do bad if it's harder vs if it's easier.
so does that mean there might be a better time of the year to give the exam?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@mk09 i dont think it matters what time of the year u take it. its a standardized exam so i dont think it will make any difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts