USMLE Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I received my notes, I'm a young Colombian MD graduate, I'm applying to IM, do you think I still have probabilities, I did a research fellow for 1 year at JH and have 5 strong recommendations letters in 5 top American hospitals, 4 publications, 3 international abstracts .... but I think all is over .... please just want to know is a really have probabilities to match to a good IM program .....
Please the be sincere with me!

Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you don't need visa then yapply widely in IM and FM. Otherwise considering applying very widely in FM and psyc.
really? so my posibilities to go to IM even I have 4 strong recomendation letter, very very strong, 5 publications in pub med and abstracts + my research fellow at JH ..... yes I think all is over DESPITE I do a good step ck ... yes all is over cause i dont like FM ... thanks for being sencire

·
Registered
535 Posts
I know people with lower scores match to IM each year but their two digit score is around 81-85. This year the PD filters will be different based on the 3 digit scores only, so it will be unpredictable. Don't give up so easy, no thing is over yet. My advice to you is just to prevent a negative match. I think you are a strong applicant "DESPITE" your step 1 score which is partialy coved by your CV. I advice you to do a very wide application when the match season comes in IM and FM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts