USMLE Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG 2010 graduate 90/213 in step 1 its not a good score i was hoping 95+, I don't know what will come in the future but still i feel i have the risk for not getting into residency, people say USCE, LORS, Research and stuffs?
what if i dont get them? what if i get them? should i continue to fight..suggestions plz..
Never mind if u feel that i had to stop it right here because i cant afford to fight still hard and land up on the losing side!!! Should I fight?

·
Registered
417 Posts
i think 90/213 is a very good score and you should continue.
you should not quit without doing and without knowing that u could have gotten it if u tried. what if u actually do get it
and i know some ppl who have been in the programs and they have scored much lower than you!
i am not saying that u will definitely get ur residency. i am jus saying you shouldn stop without even trying. you can get in to the program and later we can give examples of you who entered into the prog with this score. and your score is good. congrats!

·
Registered
99 Posts
If U dream it and belive in yourself............U will get it...............If not......than
u aren't going anywhere.........

and when someone asks.,.....should I continue....should I do this ,,,,,,should I do that,,,,,,,,,,,,,It means that don't belive in themselves........'

Belive in yourself........and go where u want to go.....u only get to live once.........

·
Registered
145 Posts
If I was in your place, I would have continue. I know my friends who got 80's and are still running for the shield. If they can why can't you??

Believe in yourself. Your number is good enough to get residency in US. So continue.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I hope that score is ok because I got the same exact score.

Listen, if you look at this forum everyday you'll feel like you'll never get a residency but the truth is.... There are doctors who have failed the board various times practicing medicine. I personally know someone who passed on their 4 try and he got his residency in internal med. He makes $200+/year. And no one cares what he got on the board. Believe in yourself and in your capabilities as a physician and the world will believe in you. Rock step 2 and I'm SURE you will get a residency...:cool:

God Bless!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have to agree with Laura.
I love this forum and I learn a lot here, but there's people who think that only 99's get residency, and trust me that is so not true.
My in Law family is all about doctors, them, their friends, I'm surrounded by doctors everywhere I look. Is just sick:)):)):))
They have excellent jobs and their friends too.
Excellent doctors. Excellent salaries
And guess what??????
None of them got 99 on USMLE.

So just work hard for what you want. You have a great score and you just need to keep on with the dream. YOU CAN DO IT, GO FOR IT.:pHappy-2

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

I decided to move on with what i got and look whats up there in future!!! thanks for everyone who replied,if i drop it from here its not that i lost, its jus i wasnt courageous enough to figh hard :) thank you all again,it jus took some time for me to realise things :)

·
Registered
43 Posts

sorry but I got the same score and I'm very proud of me, I know I will get residency because and going to fight for it,
listen I spoke to a cardiologist and he told me I wish I could got that score for step one,
like someone else in the forum said not evry body is 99,
I know people with 75 in both step one and two doing internal medicine in new york so, be happy, enjoy andn fight

·
Registered
27 Posts
hi guys..i got a 219/93 last week n was feeling really low..its so encouraging to read this thread :) i love this forum ..am gonna stick 2 the fight too ;) good luck 2 all o yu who r sailing i n the same boat

·
Registered
4 Posts
80/213

HI guys,
I just noticed that sb had the same score as me 213 but he has 90/213
My score is 80/213. I took step 1 on 07/25/2012. Can sbody plz: explain to me why my score in two digit is 80. thnx in advance

·
Registered
43 Posts
Guys thing are getting harder they increased passing score and number of questions for CK, hopefully I did my CS before the test changed....
can somebody tell me what is going on.....is this related to politics .....any idea please ....scheduled test for sept 4 and just realize yesterday about the changes....we are going to be in disadvantage in relation with the students that did the test before.....I think this is not fair....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Guys need some advice,I got my score few days ago it was an embarrassing '212' ,I feel unhappy/non proud about it,and can't focus well on the next step --->studying for step 2 ck,what do you guys think? I know i have to ace step ck,but how to overcome the negative feelings,i feel confused and lost focus because of this low score:confused:,can't get over the sadness !
btw i work in a hospital as an ER tech(almost 3 years),IMG,Good connections with ER docs(haven't talked to residents or other MDs about the score,and whats their advice about the next step),i was aiming for IM ,do i stand a chance? thanks every one..

·
Registered
444 Posts
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

You have a decent score.Try to score 240+ in step2 and do a couple of electives:) GOOD luck:)

·
Registered
339 Posts
What I like!

I like this forum, because we all share the same dream and help one another to fulfill it. Whenever I am down I can post something here and immediately there will be people encouraging me not to give up. Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts