USMLE Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dear USMLE takers,

I took step 1 in September 4, 2014; I had two extremely difficult blocks at the very beginning of the test! After all, my score was 239. Did anybody have the same experience in recent exams? Thanks.
Hi.. How r we supposed to prepare for extremely tough questions?
Were they kaplan and uworld concepts or we need to do anything more?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you colleagues for your messages and accept my apology for a delay in reply; this is my first post in this forum and it takes time to get adapted to it :)

Well, there were more than normal number of genetics and biostatistics questions in two blocks. There were 3-4 questions on a single clinical topic which was not either in FA or Goljan.

I'd read Kaplan videos + FA + Goljan pathology and usworld qbank. Maybe there were some questions from Pathoma! As I have not read this book, I can only guess this! But there were 7-8 questions exactly from Goljan; not in FA or usworld. I think Goljan really saved my step 1 score!!

After all, we should see if others who took step 1 in this period of time had the same experience or not. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The topic was "urinary incontinence" which is usually asked in step 2 and 3, as I know! Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly how many questions were from the behavioral sciences! But anatomy questions were fairly acceptable and similar to the FA and usworld.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The topic was "urinary incontinence" which is usually asked in step 2 and 3, as I know! Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly how many questions were from the behavioral sciences! But anatomy questions were fairly acceptable and similar to the FA and usworld.
great score for the present times, how were your nbmes ? were they all around the score u got? As in i just want to gauge the nbme vs real exam, cz people these days say its not even close to nbme, thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Fido, thanks for your message. Yeah, it seems that scores are lower these days due to unknown reasons, perhaps newer questions! But our scores will be compared to those got last year (which were higher)! I hope this won't make a problem for us.

BTW, here are my self-assessment scores. I only took NBME form 16. As you may see in the following, NBME could more accurately estimate my real score!

UWSA (Form 1): 261
UWSA (Form 2): 256
NBME (Form 16): 246

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Fido, thanks for your message. Yeah, it seems that scores are lower these days due to unknown reasons, perhaps newer questions! But our scores will be compared to those got last year (which were higher)! I hope this won't make a problem for us.

BTW, here are my self-assessment scores. I only took NBME form 16. As you may see in the following, NBME could more accurately estimate my real score!

UWSA (Form 1): 261
UWSA (Form 2): 256
NBME (Form 16): 246
ya ofcors theres an overlap of ppl who apply for the '16 match, but u aced it,congratulations :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts