USMLE Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, I got my score for ck yesterday and it was 245 (1st attempt) :):)...very happy for it as I jumped from 195 on 2nd attempt on step 1 to this on ck. I would really appreciate if anyone can give me some feedback from experience or someone they know who were in similar situation and matched in IM or Fm or Neurology. I passed cs with first attempt as well. Im a caribbean med student and US citizen.

thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
hello everyone, I got my score for ck yesterday and it was 245 (1st attempt) :):)...very happy for it as I jumped from 195 on 2nd attempt on step 1 to this on ck. I would really appreciate if anyone can give me some feedback from experience or someone they know who were in similar situation and matched in IM or Fm or Neurology. I passed cs with first attempt as well. Im a caribbean med student and US citizen.

thanks in advance for the help.
I think you have pretty good chances of getting matched, Your step 2 ck score will overshadow your attempt & scores of step1 , besides you'll be a fresh graduate which is a huge plus point when it comes to getting into residency.
Can you please share your experience how did you raise your score from 195- 245 on step 2? I recently got my ck score & I failed at 206 exactly 22 points below my step 1 score.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think shelf exams for CORE rotations that our school requires was really helpful in CK prep. Plus we are required by our med school to pass clinical comprehensive exam with 79 that is 226 on ck exam....afer that i prepared for 1-1.5 mnths w MTB2/3 and uw and obgyn from kaplan lectures and LN. this was basically my prep....uwsa 240 and NBME 7 230....hopefully this helps

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think you'll be fine with your results. A 245 is high enough to compensate for your Step 1 so congratulations.

You should apply early, have all your documents + LORS in the ERAS system and apply everywhere that accept your step 1 score situation for the specialties you want.

Can you please share how your prep was for CK period and maybe what materials you used for each of your CORE Shelf exams? Some of us don't have Shelf exams and so you did more practice questions for those? Also, any materials that were not helpful that you used?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks....I hope I'm good .....so for comprehensive exam I did uw 2x w 76 avg and did Kaplan videos for IM and OB , with some videos for peds and surg for topic I was weak on. Also did MTB 2/3 w this not Kaplan LN.....out of all this ...UW and Kaplan OB helped me most

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.