USMLE Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It took me around seven weeks. I did both MTBs 2 and 3 for Internal Medicine and MTB 3 for the remaining specialties. And then I did Uworld for both the Mcqs and CCS. I think MTBs and Uworld will prepare you adequately for the exam. If you have any specific question regarding anything, let me know and I would be happy to help.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It took me around seven weeks. I did both MTBs 2 and 3 for Internal Medicine and MTB 3 for the remaining specialties. And then I did Uworld for both the Mcqs and CCS. I think MTBs and Uworld will prepare you adequately for the exam. If you have any specific question regarding anything, let me know and I would be happy to help.
Hi stepper1234! Congrats with your result.
My exam is in few days, did UWSA and got 238. I am curious about correlation between UWSA and Step 3 exam. If you don't mind could you please share your Uworld assessment score and how is it correlated to real exam?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Gikson. I had a 250 on my uwsa. Majority of the test takers get a score 10-15 less than the one they got on uwsa. I was no exception. But to be honest, it just matters on how you perform on the exam day. I have seen people getting more than, equal to and a lot less than the uwsa score. So it varies. I would say 238 is a pretty good and a safe score to go ahead with the exam. Hope that answers your question.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congrats for the great score! You're done with Steps now!

Guys, can you tell me how you check when to expect your score?
Can you share the link?
Thank you!
You can check your score report on the following website. You will need to enter your USMLE ID and password.

https://apps.nbme.org/fsmbexamstatus/prod/jsp/login.jsp

Expect your result to be released after 3 weeks and on a Wednesday at 12:00 Eastern Time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
how much of biostat were you tested stepper1234??? if possible can you tell us..i have my exam next week...any last min advice? and a big congrats for being done with it...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Biostats is tested on Day 1 only. You will have either an abstract or a drug add in every block (3 questions). In addition to that, you will have 3-4 more questions on biostats. My performance on biostats was just above borderline although I was pretty good at it. So I would say that the biostats component is a bit tough. I just did uworld for it so can't comment much on other resources. If you have done uworld thoroughly, you will have no problem passing it. And since you have the exam next week, I would just recommend revising uworld rather than trying some new resource. Hope this helps and all the best.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.