USMLE Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
The difference between Student Consult and USMLE Consult

They're different. The one that comes with Goljan has mainly pathology questions. I think it has a few hundred questions. They're really good to test your knowledge of pathology although some integration questions involving other subjects are also included. The USMLE consult is a few thousand questions on all the different subjects.

·
Registered
52 Posts
students consult goljan questions

have anyone done this qbank? im not sure about it iv heard it has a lot of errors, what you guys think abou this path qbank

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have been doing the questions and they are REALLY easy, they give to many clues to a questions and since its only pathology it doesn't really intergrate many other topics. However they do try to test a little micro and behavioral science. Its good practice though and I use it to determine whether I need to do another read on a topic or not.

·
Registered
52 Posts
re:

alright ill then go ahead and do some thnx for you help island

·
Registered
213 Posts
have anyone done this qbank? im not sure about it iv heard it has a lot of errors, what you guys think abou this path qbank
hey mister, the Goljan Qbank doesn't have much complaining, its an easy Qbank mainly of Path and is aimed to accompany the RR. Mosby offers a lot of student consult service, such as Image Bank, Q bank and Online Library...which are very helpful. This is not related to the USMLE COnsult Qbank, which you have to pay for separately.

Another Qbank, called Robbins Klatt Qbank is harder and still OK.

The only problem is with the USMLE Consult Qbank, which is quite costly and has few mistakes. It is said to be harder than the Rx bank anyway.

If you are thinking of doing the USMLE COnsult Qbank, I would appreciate if you could give me some feedback. :)

Thnx.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have been doing the questions and they are REALLY easy, they give to many clues to a questions and since its only pathology it doesn't really intergrate many other topics. However they do try to test a little micro and behavioral science. Its good practice though and I use it to determine whether I need to do another read on a topic or not.
Abt how many questions are there in the free questions?
I am thinking abt doing them soon...

·
Registered
177 Posts
There is roughly 500 questions between all the chapters that are divided unevenly for instance there is a ton of respiratory but today when I went to do endocrine there was only 2 and technically one was reproductive. :(

·
Registered
590 Posts
There is roughly 500 questions between all the chapters that are divided unevenly for instance there is a ton of respiratory but today when I went to do endocrine there was only 2 and technically one was reproductive. :(
Lol!
In that case I guess I should just do it all after I fully know my path!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts