USMLE Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey der can u guys please guide me as wat subject shud I start first?which videos r really helpful?
Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
3 Posts
You should definitely start off with your weaker subjects and get them to where your strengths are.

If you're an IMG like me, the kaplan videos + lecture notes are a solid jumping board. I used the 2010 videos (torrented) and I bought the 2015 lecture notes on amazon; there's basically no discrepancies. I personally found the pharmac and micro/immuno lectures the most helpful and the anat/neuroscience lectures the least helpful.

Goljan video lectures for patho are great if you have a lot of time because the kaplan patho lectures just repeats the book with only a little elaboration.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You also may start following the order in First Aid. That way you already have a complete sequence of all subjects. Begin with generalities like biochem or immunology and finish with the organ system (neuro, endocrino, etc.)
It seems like a daunting task at first, but repetition, study hours and doing questions (kaplan, UW) are the key. Use a lot of mnemonics!, its the only way to tackle some information. :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
You should definitely start off with your weaker subjects and get them to where your strengths are.

If you're an IMG like me, the kaplan videos + lecture notes are a solid jumping board. I used the 2010 videos (torrented) and I bought the 2015 lecture notes on amazon; there's basically no discrepancies. I personally found the pharmac and micro/immuno lectures the most helpful and the anat/neuroscience lectures the least helpful.

Goljan video lectures for patho are great if you have a lot of time because the kaplan patho lectures just repeats the book with only a little elaboration.
Goljan video lectures ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts