USMLE Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any problem if I take CS before step 1 & CK...was planning to take step 1 in November but then my CS will come only around May or June ... I think it's too late .. CS results are usually late & my wife could accompany me there if I take in September .. she has a Green Card there n I can stay with one of her relatives ... plz help

·
Registered
741 Posts
It's OK but explain more

I don't see any problem in taking the CS fist. For graduates it doesn't really matter but for students it's not a good idea to take CS before enough clinical exposure.

But, I did not understand you. Are you planning to apply for the match with CS only in your pocket?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
first of all thanks for replying...i had a plan of doing cs first but then everyone said my visa will be a problem if i didnt take step 1 or 2

so now am thinking of taking step 1 in nov,, step2 in march n cs in may..is that ok will i be able to complete ecfmg cert by sept.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Go ahead

first of all thanks for replying...i had a plan of doing cs first but then everyone said my visa will be a problem if i didnt take step 1 or 2

so now am thinking of taking step 1 in nov,, step2 in march n cs in may..is that ok will i be able to complete ecfmg cert by sept.
Yes, that makes sense.
Step1/CK/CS is the logical sequence.
Have a look at this thread/poll
http://www.usmle-forums.com/recommended-general-topics-threads/1223-step-take-first.html

You will be looking at 2011-2012 matching season

Go ahead, you can do it

·
Registered
535 Posts
It is better to start with step1 and 2 then take the CS. Because, if God forbid, any unsuccesful attempt on CS may make your mood low hence adversely affecting your eagerness for the American dream. My advice is study Steps a and 2 very well, score high, and take your time inpreparing for CS in an attempt to pass it from the first time.
Goodluck

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Vice versa!

It is better to start with step1 and 2 then take the CS. Because, if God forbid, any unsuccesful attempt on CS may make your mood low hence adversely affecting your eagerness for the American dream. My advice is study Steps a and 2 very well, score high, and take your time inpreparing for CS in an attempt to pass it from the first time.
Goodluck
But also if you fail step 1 or CK you'll be depressed and can't take the CS in a proper way!

·
Registered
535 Posts
But also if you fail step 1 or CK you'll be depressed and can't take the CS in a proper way!
CS exam needs motivation, if you already have step 1 and 2CK you will feel that you did half your job. If you did CS first and failed then you may feel that you want to quit this journey. Also I don't advice anybody to fail these days in steps 1 and 2ck beacuse the program directors were very picky in 2010 match. Prepare very well before appearing for step 1 and 2ck, not only to pass but to score very high enought to compete with the pool of new/unmatched applicants which is increasing each year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts