USMLE Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day I tried the notes feature in uworld instead of the regular pen and page. I found it alot more convenient and took less time and effort. Has anyone tried that? Which one would be better? Taking online notes which you can print later on or using the pen and page?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I didn't even know you can print the notes out until I saw your post. I have read so many posts about ppl just highlighting on uworld and how that saves time, but this is even better. I tried it and the only prob I have with this is that it only lets you write a limited amount...but I guess thats good - prevents me from writting about the world and its mother in my notebook and just high yield facts and makes for a better review.

Thank you for sharing the idea!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad to know that my confusion actually helped someone. Uworld's interface is really user friendly. One thing I should tell you though. While reviewing the test, my system crashed and I had to restart, only to find out that all my notes for that test (not old ones) were gone! So I am guessing they are uploaded to the server once you click the "End block" button. Just make sure you end the review by doing that and not to turn off your system directly. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
When i did uworld from Nov-Jan, i'd use another laptop and type my notes..majority would be outlines from the explanations...i started writing but my hand started hurting.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a question..about how long do you think it will take to review the notes? After I'm done uworld I will have about 2 weeks left until the exam...do you think thats enough time?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't say anything. Personally I write only the man concept behind the question, so far I have gone through those points and revising all that doesn't take more than an hour, but I still have more than half of uworld to do.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My uworld notes are separated by organ systems...i plan on spending 6 days on them...doing about 3 topics/day and spending close to 10-12 hrs/day. i will be reading them twice as well.

·
Registered
417 Posts
hi this is really cool, i have not started to do uworld yet, but after the subscription expires, will ur notes get washed away with it too? i mean the ones that u write on the software

·
Registered
76 Posts
Whatever you write in the program, it will be wiped away. I highly suggest you write notes on the explanations. I heard that USMLE q's are taken from the explanations..and I've heard they are very HY.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I didn't even know you can print the notes out until I saw your post. I have read so many posts about ppl just highlighting on uworld and how that saves time, but this is even better. I tried it and the only prob I have with this is that it only lets you write a limited amount...but I guess thats good - prevents me from writting about the world and its mother in my notebook and just high yield facts and makes for a better review.

Thank you for sharing the idea!
sorry i am wondering what do u mean by limited amount of writing? do u mean that for everything that u can write or limited amount per question and if you can please tell me is that limited amount as you mentioned is enough for uworld review notes it will be great! thank

·
Registered
7 Posts
u world notes

I write the education objective of the U world question after reading the explanation and draw any high yield diagram or graph. Is it not enough? Advice me!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts