USMLE Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an IMG, and I really don't want to write this test among AMGs. Do AMGs take their exams early may?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Hmm, I wonder why you don't want to take your test among AMG's?? The answer is yes, lots of AMGS take it around April- August. I'm taking mine mid-May, and i don't mind taking it among IMG's :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, I wonder why you don't want to take your test among AMG's?? The answer is yes, lots of AMGS take it around April- August. I'm taking mine mid-May, and i don't mind taking it among IMG's :D
Lol you got jokess! You guys will be on the smarter end of the curve which leaves me on the lower end! Ahh well, I just want to get it over with.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey doctor b,
I remember you said that you had to re-apply for the application. I was wondering how its gonna work out for early may because don;t we have to wait til april 15th to re-apply and then another 3-4 weeks for permit? I guess maybe if you find a test date right away after you get your permit? I am also thinking maybe of re-applying and want to take it early may latest to beat the amg crowd lol. Has any IMG taken the test among AMG's and does it make that much of a difference? Best of luck:)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey doctor b,
I remember you said that you had to re-apply for the application. I was wondering how its gonna work out for early may because don;t we have to wait til april 15th to re-apply and then another 3-4 weeks for permit? I guess maybe if you find a test date right away after you get your permit? I am also thinking maybe of re-applying and want to take it early may latest to beat the amg crowd lol. Has any IMG taken the test among AMG's and does it make that much of a difference? Best of luck:)
hey nicki, I think its just what ecfmg says to everyone...but I know of 2 ppl who re-applied in feb and they were allowed to re-apply the day after their eligibility period ended. So hopefully, it will be the same with us.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Hey DoctorB, from what I've heard it doesn't matter where or when you take the exam with regard to the curve. I think they average the scores over at least a year for everyone who too the exam everywhere, and it's all computerized. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts