USMLE Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Thank god I matched with the only Interview I got.(good scores but YOG 2009).

But the college only accepts J1 visa. Is it possible to persuade the college to make an exception and apply for H1 instead. I am also eligible to apply for EAD in May with the new rule. Do you guys think they will wait till I get my EAD? Is it even worth trying?
I dont want to deal with the J1 visa issues.
Please suggest.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Getting EAD is possible with the new regulations. But that will be available at the right time to start residency.

Hi Guys,
Thank god I matched with the only Interview I got.(good scores but YOG 2009).

But the college only accepts J1 visa. Is it possible to persuade the college to make an exception and apply for H1 instead. I am also eligible to apply for EAD in May with the new rule. Do you guys think they will wait till I get my EAD? Is it even worth trying?
I dont want to deal with the J1 visa issues.
Please suggest.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Can you please tell me about this new rule of EAD?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you please tell me about this new rule of EAD?
my husband has I-140 approved and with the new change I Can apply for EAD ad will be authorized to work in USA. They start taking applications from May 26th of 2015 and I should get the approval in 3 months. That will be late. So I dont know if they will be willing to wait.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hmm. My fiance has a green card and i was wondering how long it would take me to get an EAD after we get married and he sponsers me for green card.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The process for obtaining EAD will take around a few months. So if they process starts by may 24th, its very unlikely for you to get it at the right time. You will also be risk as programs will not wait for someone to join residency, after the official start date for residency which is July 1st.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts