USMLE Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
well i think you should give something about your self first
the exams you did or didn't
what programs you are interested in & other stuff
i am not an expert here but i think you better do this to get responses:)

·
Registered
335 Posts
I would say its rather early to say. You have to take your USMLE first. But hey a word of advice, since you are still an undergraduate, do go for electives. Electives are hands on clinical experience and finding that after graduation isn't easy. So you do that, get good letters of recommendation from US, study hard and score good in USMLE, your chances will be very bright.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Here's the deal

hi every one
i am in my 4th year in medical school
id like to know my chances to get residency as cardiologist in usa????
plz help me guys...
If you get 99 in Step 1 and 99 in Step 2 CK and you pass the CS first time and you do USCE and get US LoRs you can get into Internal Medicine Residency.
After finishing Internal Medicine residency you can apply for Cardiology Fellowship (which is pretty competitive compared to other fellowships such as endocrinology, infectious diseases, nephrology, ...etc)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the last question

plz doctors this is my last question
can i take residency in the cardiology department without taking internal medicine residency????and which is better with or without???and how many years i need to finish them??

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
plz doctors this is my last question
can i take residency in the cardiology department without taking internal medicine residency????and which is better with or without???and how many years i need to finish them??
There's no cardiology residency program, there's only cardiology fellowship that you can only take after finishing Internal medicine.

Internal Medicine residency is 3 years + Cardiology fellowship is 3 years + 1 year interventional cardiology (optional) so your total is 6-7 years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.