USMLE Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading about these two and I couldn't really make out a significant difference between conduct disorder and oppositional defiant disorder.

They are both seen in adolescents and they are both about aggression and not complaint with the rules and the society.

I then faced a question asking me to differentiate between the two :scared:

Can anybody please shine some light onto this issue

·
Registered
10 Posts
You are absolutely right both are similar in many points, but here's how I diffrentiate bet them, in Oppositional Disorder the child has hostile behaviors and tumper outbursts and so many arguments with adults but still he is not doing things agiansts rules as in Conduct disoreder the latter he is more involved in more serious bad actions which he could be ended up arrested ...lets say Conduct disorder is more dangerous child and its an out come of oppositional disorder. in Conduct disorder after maturity they have antisocial personality disorder, who most of prisoners have it.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some more about it

In addition to what Zinah pointed out, conduct disorder male:female ration is 9:1 while ODD ration is 1:1

-Conduct disorder is against persons and the society including physical properties
-Oppositional defiant disorder is against persons mainly in the form of vindictiveness and annoyance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts