USMLE Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently learned that if one is able to ace the CK exam, it is gonna be much more easy to pass MRCP-1 (UK) :).

Suppose that somebody also pass MRCP-1 with good marks, what will be the effect of this achievement on getting residency training in US? Positive, negative, or not at all? :confused:

·
Registered
373 Posts
I recently learned that if one is able to ace the CK exam, it is gonna be much more easy to pass MRCP-1 (UK):).

Suppose that somebody also pass MRCP-1 with good marks, what will be the effect of this achievement on getting residency training in US? Positive, negative, or not at all?:confused:
I think MRCP 1 alone will have no effect at all unless you pass MRCP all parts.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
MRCP is very good

UK education and experience is highly regarded in USA, specially the north east states such as Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and New York.

However, as step1an told you. You have be designated the full MRCP title so that you can put it in your CV.

If you do it, it will actually be an eye-opener for program directors.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
No use of UK education

I disagree,

There's no use of the MRCP and most program directors they even don't know what is it.

Also, there's no place for it in the ERAS you cannot include it in your CAF.

·
Registered
741 Posts
You can add your MRCP to ERAS

I disagree,

There's no use of the MRCP and most program directors they even don't know what is it.

Also, there's no place for it in the ERAS you cannot include it in your CAF.
You can include it in ERAS.
Go to Application>Miscellaneous>Membership in Honorary/Professional Sociaties

·
Registered
37 Posts
what about course jointly certified by home n UK

UK education and experience is highly regarded in USA, specially the north east states such as Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and New York.

However, as step1an told you. You have be designated the full MRCP title so that you can put it in your CV.

If you do it, it will actually be an eye-opener for program directors.
Do the diploma course jointly certified by private hospital in my country n Royal college of general practitioner will be weighted, if so how comparatively?

·
Registered
5 Posts
By taking MRCP exam, we can develop our clinical knowledge.Moreover
approved exam certification like MRCP UK must be needed to get residency training in U.S.so easy to clear the level of MRCP examination part 1 and part 2 but we need to take training to be successful.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi,
I hope to apply in psych next year. It is far in the future but I was wondering abt the effect of MRCPsych on ur resume. I won't be able to give the clinical exam of mrcpsych since I would need postgraduate training for that..but what if I clear any or all of the 3 written papers ??
That wouldn't qualify me as a MRCPsych yet but does clearing the written papers help in ur resume or likewise ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi,
I hope to apply in psych next year. It is far in the future but I was wondering abt the effect of MRCPsych on ur resume. I won't be able to give the clinical exam of mrcpsych since I would need postgraduate training for that..but what if I clear any or all of the 3 written papers ??
That wouldn't qualify me as a MRCPsych yet but does clearing the written papers help in ur resume or likewise ?

Thanks.
I doubt it will help at all in terms of US residencies, especially as you won't have the full MRCPsych qualification anyhow.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I got a question here. are the UK exams/ PLAB/MRCP...easier than our usmle steps. ? can one pass those exams if one has studied well for the mle's?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have MRCP part 1 and will be writing part 2 CK soon

However,I won't be doing PACES before match 2014.

Will this be of any real benefit to me in matching?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts