USMLE Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I intend to apply for Neurology Residency next year. The problem is that my Step 1 score report is showing bad performance in Neurosciences. And I don't know I may also score bad in the neurology part of CK.

Does that going to impact my chances in obtaining a neurology residency!?

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
It can happen

This can happen if they question your "genuine" interest in the specialty. For example if they see that you have FM observerships and then you are applying for Neurology.

However, the current USMLE score reports specifically mention that the detailed score report (which mentions your performance in each section) is only for your personal interest and it will not be reported to any third parties.

The exception, is the very rare instance when the "mean" Program Director asks you to show him/her your performance in the interview. Otherwise he/she has no electronic access to it in ERAS or any other resource.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Thank you . . . How much is it ?? To make an Elective, Observership, or Externship?? And how to apply some program ??:eek::eek:
Hi everybody
1-the detailed USMLE performance are only for you. Don't take any documents with you to the interviews, unless they sent you an email specifying that they need a specific document. Some documents may adversely affect your ranking. Play it the intellegence way. According to my experienc with hundreds of applicants over the last 2 years, most of the PDs were not asking for any documents. The technique of bare hands in the interview was the best method to get a high rank.

2-The list of the programs that offer observerships for IMGs are present in my website on the right site column under the title USCE OBSERVERSHIPS

3- The cost will vary from program to another (500-2000$ per month), however I still don't have the full list for neurology observerships, you may start contacting all these programs mentioned there and ask them about neurology. Also there is a link on my blogspot for the neurology IMG friendly programs, some of them may give you observerships (it will be available by the end of June).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts