USMLE Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of our members recently posted that Kaplan Medical has just released their newest version of Kaplan Lecture Notes.

What caught my attention in the above picture is the significantly smaller volume of the new edition compared to previous ones.

What does that mean?
Why do Kaplan decided to trim down on their most famous USMLE test prep materials?

Well here are my thoughts about it:

It's either they realized that First Aid is gaining far greater popularity among medical students due to its concise short format and nature and so they wanted to mimic that to attract the thousands of medical students (mainly US medical students).

Or it could be they realized that students do no require their other products (videos and centerprep) as the previous books were comprehensive enough which rendered the need for their (revenue generating products) invalid. So they decided to make the notes in the form of short notes and outlines so that students have to buy their videos, qbank, webprep and/or centerprep.

What are you thoughts about this?

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
someone on this forum with both sets said its the same material except color images now. I am tyring to get the new 2011 videos that go with the books. If content is the same then 2010 videos should do fine.
Size is smaller bec now hey are in glossy paper.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts