USMLE Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I figured it would be both fun and beneficial if we quiz each other on photos, all on a single thread!

Format :

1) State your Photo Quiz Number (which is 1 digit after the previous photo quiz)

2) Put up your photo!

3) Give the answer to your photo after 2-3 days. :) (give time for people to guess first, before you break the suspense!):D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Photo Quiz 001

Case : This patient came with red eyes, cough, and rash. What do you see in this photo?

24/12 : Yes guys, this is a photo of Koplik spots. Gratz to all who answer correctly! I have awarded each with a "thanks". Haha. :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
All of you are on the right track, another hint is that pic is of a young infant (if you look closely you can see his diaper), and that the rings are around the knee joint.

I'll post the answer tomorrow just to give other people a chance to try, but keep trying to figure it out, you're almost there. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
candida seems to be a more probable, as diaper rash will follow the area which is in contact with diaper,also will never be in crural fold(though ot show here, where as candida can spread the way in this picture.. candida is characterized by erosions, red plaques and satellite lesions like in here...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Photo Quiz 003

What is this? :D

Update :
Case : A 45 year old circus animal trainer came to the ER with severe anaphylactic shock. He has a history of abdominal discomfort. This organism was found to have caused his condition.

Answer : Echinococcus granulosus

·
Registered
120 Posts
Alrite the answer to the second picture is serum sickness caused by type III hypersensitivity.

When there are immune complexes involved, causing joint symptoms, myalgias and fever, it is usually referred to as a serum sickness reaction, as shown in figure 6. As you know serum sickness is also associated with arthirits, so that's why you can see most of rings over the knee and pelvic joint put skips a portion of the thigh.:)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.