1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..
this is a great forum..

The following things I feel u should avoid for USMLE Step 1:

1) No offline NBME; go for online evaluation. I did this mistake. I was well prepared and I even thought of evaluating myself but ran short of time..I got very less in step 1 behavioral science.

2) relying heavily on first aid; Do ur Kaplan notes as many times as possible. I read Kaplan twice but with huge intervals. did FA twice again with gaps...ultimately I messed up..read fa only when u r thorough with ur kaplan notes. add uw notes in FA.

3) USMLE World after 1st reading of kaplan: it is good but do it simultaneously with kaplan 2nd read. i made notes of uw that too it was very long (5 note books) make concise notes n kaplan 2nd read with uw..

4) Too much energy drinks..on the exam day I took 5 red bulls...well..I don't know is it right or wrong...but one thing is sure...under too much of these drinks u can become too euphoric n it may impair your ability to judge the right answers! this stuff is personal...kindly excuse me if u don't think so.

Guys I got 90 (213). gave my exam on 29th Oct.. just started to prepare for CK.

Guys i am aiming for internal medicine. I graduated in 2010. my preparation was not that bad. Got 71% in UW. Above are the mistakes I may have made which deprived me a good score. kindly suggest. what do u think ? is IM possible at this score...I'm working harder and aiming 99 in CK..god plz help me to achieve my dreams.

·
Registered
114 Posts
IM is definetily possible. Your score is not that bad 215 is the avarage for steptakers. Just focus to the CK and remember that the scores are not the only thing they are looking for. Basically they are looking persons they like in the interview and of course you can do other things like research. Most of the programs will put higher those who are interested in research work and they have scientific merits. That would not hurt if you only have time for that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
hey amit, what do you recommend to review in the two weeks before the exam? first aid only or kaplan notes? or both :O?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts