USMLE Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i am going to have my step 2 ck
i didnt take the step 1 exam so can you tell me please what materials should i study from step 1 and any advise you think i need befor the exam
thank you very much

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
hi
i am going to have my step 2 ck
i didnt take the step 1 exam so can you tell me please what materials should i study from step 1 and any advise you think i need befor the exam
thank you very much
Can I ask you why you are doing CK before Step 1?
This is a mistake.
You have to do Step 1 first.
You cannot understand clinical concepts before building the proper pathophysiology grounds.
See this
http://www.usmle-forums.com/general-topics-recommended-threads/1223-step-take-first.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi marry
i know that i sould take step 1 first but i have to take step 2 ck exam so i can applay for a residency program in the hospital i want to work in this is their condition and if i took the step 1 first i will miss the application time so i have to take it first .
do you have any advise for me ?
thank you

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
So you insist

hi marry
i know that i sould take step 1 first but i have to take step 2 ck exam so i can apply for a residency program in the hospital i want to work in this is their condition and if i took the step 1 first i will miss the application time so i have to take it first .
do you have any advise for me ?
thank you
What residency program asks for CK result without Step 1? All residency programs in USA ask for ECFMG certification which means that you have to pass all exams.
Anyway, if you insist, then I suggest you read Kaplan Lecture Notes thoroughly and do the videos and also do as many questions as you can from Kaplan Qbank, USMLE World, and USMLERx.
When you read you have to pay particular attention to pathophysiology concepts as these are tested more and more in CK exam.

Good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you mary but the residency program i am applaying for is not in USA
in Qatar i am Egyptian but i live in Qatar .
thank you for your advice
Good luck for you too :)

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Thank you mary but the residency program i am applaying for is not in USA
in Qatar i am Egyptian but i live in Qatar .
thank you for your advice
Good luck for you too :)
That's interesting.
I also found a hospital in Saudi Arabia that asks applicants to have CK results :rolleyes:
It seems that the world is really Americanized :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts