USMLE Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm from indonesia. and currently 3rd year of medical school. im going to have my clerkship next year. what i want to ask is can i get STEP 1 in my clerkship and do you think it is wise to have that test so early?

thanks before..

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hi, i'm from indonesia. and currently 3rd year of medical school. im going to have my clerkship next year. what i want to ask is can i get STEP 1 in my clerkship and do you think it is wise to have that test so early?

thanks before..
Thats around the right time to get your step 1. After your 2nd year, then get the step 1 and go into your 3rd year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
recommendation

can u recommend me where to have Step 1 exam?
because i live in Indonesia and it's very far from US.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Step 1 can be taken in your country. You have to go to US for step 2 CS and step 3 only.
Steps 1 And 2 CK can be taken in your home country.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi,

I'm new here.

May I ask of what you did?
I'm pretty much in a similar situation with you, but I'm not confident about taking the 1st Step yet, since I haven't prepared anything for it, and moreover, I'm not a straight A or top of the class student.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Indonesia MS too . .

Hi kelvin, i come from indonesia too, Malang Brawijaya University . . From which med school are you?:):)

Yup, if you are intent too get the USMLE you can register in usmle.com then you can bring your ID card to the prometric center which is located in Jakarta, in Menara Emperium, the same place if you want to take TOEFL iBt i think.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oi oi., I came up from Indonesia too..

and I near you.. hho :happy:
I came from Airlangga, class of 2006,
so have you doing your Step 1?
maybe we can share, because I'm planning to take it after finishing all of my rotation here.. so I have some time to prepare for it..

u can find me on fb [email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi..
I'm medical student from Indonesia too. Currently, I'm doing my clerkship and I still doesn't have clear pathway about what I have to do get USMLE test, especially the details and where do I start. I mean I went to ecfmg.com website but there are a lot terminology that I found really hard to understand and cofusing me. Btw, I am medical student from Universitas Sriwijaya.
If it is not too much to ask, do you mind to share with me your experience during that time?
Thank you :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts