USMLE Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I am an IMG getting ready for step 1. i have been recovering from an eating disorder for many years and have looked to social media (along with my regular treatment) for support. one guy on youtube (simon metin) suffered from anorexia and was inspired to become a doctor from his stay in hospital. Despite missing basically most of his high school he still got into Cambridge university (UK) to study medicine. He has made loads of helpful videos on youtube for eating disorder sufferers.

He recently decided to move to the states for his work as a doctor and started the USMLE last year. He just got his results last week and got a 259...i mean wow. he has gone through so much and he has come so far. his most recent video is on his youtube page (search "Simon Metin" on youtube and you will find his page) where he opens his results. please go and congratulate him because he really deserves it! He is also offering help for people who are stuck and study tips :)

Cheers,

James

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was told to come here by someone from this forum. I am the person who appleaday (great name by the way) is talking about. I was asked to do a video on my study methods for step 1 which i am happy to do. i got an alright score. it isnt amazing, but i do hope i can help if anyone needs it :)

my youtube page is easy to find (either type in "simon metin" or "smetin92" in the searchbar and you will go to my page). i will upload some videos asap and will let you guys know when i do :) best of luck for step 1 guys and girls!

Simon

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was told to come here by someone from this forum. I am the person who appleaday (great name by the way) is talking about. I was asked to do a video on my study methods for step 1 which i am happy to do. i got an alright score. it isnt amazing, but i do hope i can help if anyone needs it :)

my youtube page is easy to find (either type in "simon metin" or "smetin92" in the searchbar and you will go to my page). i will upload some videos asap and will let you guys know when i do :) best of luck for step 1 guys and girls!

Simon
hey man, first off congrats on a great score! 259 is pretty up there, its something above 90+ percentile of all step takers in the US at any point in time so yeah you should be proud! pretty cool blogs. also fun fact, the highest reported score in the world is around 280, although in today's day and age anything above 270 is just ridiculous. goodluck on CS!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts