USMLE Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I am a final year Medical student. What is the best month to schedule an elective for an IMG? When would the US medical students not be applying? Would appreciate a response from those who've already gone through/ are in the process of scheduling electives. Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
The best time is right now as most places require you to apply many months in advance. For final year international students the best time to do the elective(note: you apply earlier), is usually if you have a vacation month or so, or immediately after your exams but before the final exam result/ internship or what ever after which you are considered a graduate. So, it depends more on whenever you can do the electives rather than looking at the schedule of US students, which I assume is to assess when the competition is least.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone. I'm a fourth year MBBS student. I haven't given Step 1 yet. I'm looking for an Elective in psychiatry for next year. I've emailed about 300 people but haven't received acceptance till now. The ones that did reply are too expensive. Can anyone tell me where can I apply for a psychiatry Elective in USA which doesn't require STEP 1?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hello everyone. I'm a fourth year MBBS student. I haven't given Step 1 yet. I'm looking for an Elective in psychiatry for next year. I've emailed about 300 people but haven't received acceptance till now. The ones that did reply are too expensive. Can anyone tell me where can I apply for a psychiatry Elective in USA which doesn't require STEP 1?
Too expensive? What was the sum?
Usually it is about 2k/mo

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey everyone. I am a final year Medical student. What is the best month to schedule an elective for an IMG? When would the US medical students not be applying? Would appreciate a response from those who've already gone through/ are in the process of scheduling electives. Thanks
hello, some of my seniors from manipal medical in india are doing observerships and electives in US in atlanta new york and chicago. from what they have told me applying to universities is very difficult time consuming process because you will wait long time for response if you get one at all. let me know if you know of any observership or elective opportunities please.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts