USMLE Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello!!
can anybody please tell me how long after my graduation can i get to do externship ?
i mean if its been like a year since i graduated can i still do externship?
if yes then can i do it anywhere where its available?
please reply..

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
Yes and Yes

Yes, you can do the externship at anytime after graduation whether it's two weeks or twenty years.

Yes, you can do it anywhere they accept you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, you can do the externship at anytime after graduation whether it's two weeks or twenty years.

Yes, you can do it anywhere they accept you.
thank you so much lee..can you also please tell me if theres any set procedure to apply for the externship??and yea i have one more question..can externship be done under some private practitioner or it has to be done at some medical school or hospital only?

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
thank you so much lee..can you also please tell me if theres any set procedure to apply for the externship??and yea i have one more question..can externship be done under some private practitioner or it has to be done at some medical school or hospital only?
Hands-on externships can be done at either private clinics or big teaching hospitals. There's no standard procedure to follow, every setting has its own policy. The only thing common to all is that you should have liability insurance.
To look for potential externships opportunities I recommend you have a look here
Threads tagged with externships
http://www.usmle-forums.com/externships-observerships-clerkships/1420-paid-externships-imgs.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts