USMLE Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone...

So I took my step 1 test yesterday. I regret so many things after taking it and really considering to take another test: karyotyping test!

Joke aside, I'm an average student, and real, not like "omg i'm freaking out I think I did bad..but I scored 260+++ on all my nbmes":confused:

I flagged at least 10+ on every block, except the last 2 blocks. Those 10 are either stuff I wasn't sure about the answer but I know something about it, or wtf stuff that don't really ring any bell in my atrophied little brain.

Block seven I flagged more than half! This block full of vague stuff but I don't think it's experimental questions because it can't be that much. Maybe my brain was too tired at this point and betraying me :(

The last block I got only 28 mixed easy-hard questions.

So besides all those millions of flags, there still much more careless mistakes that I'm not aware of (I'm the worst test taker). I'm totally f*cked! :scared:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey everyone...

So I took my step 1 test yesterday. I regret so many things after taking it and really considering to take another test: karyotyping test!

Joke aside, I'm an average student, and real, not like "omg i'm freaking out I think I did bad..but I scored 260+++ on all my nbmes":confused:

I flagged at least 10+ on every block, except the last 2 blocks. Those 10 are either stuff I wasn't sure about the answer but I know something about it, or wtf stuff that don't really ring any bell in my atrophied little brain.

Block seven I flagged more than half! This block full of vague stuff but I don't think it's experimental questions because it can't be that much. Maybe my brain was too tired at this point and betraying me :(

The last block I got only 28 mixed easy-hard questions.

So besides all those millions of flags, there still much more careless mistakes that I'm not aware of (I'm the worst test taker). I'm totally f*cked! :scared:
Hey I feel exactly the same way! I took my exam on Monday the 27th and all I keep thinking about are the crazy silly mistakes I made on most of the EASY questions!! I can't believe how I messed up... everyday my list of mistakes that I remember just grows.

My NBMEs were 220s, UWSA1 249 yet that doesn't mean anything to me because I feel like I failed! :toosad: Too many stupid mistakes omg! :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've met couple of students who felt like they did really bad, but they still have passed the exam.
On the other hand there are those who feel like they did marvellous and were so confident, yet they have almost failed. So cheer up bud! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How was biostats, genetics, micro, and immuno? Was the exam similar to UW and NBMEs?
My biostats qs are simple. For me, no calculation. Much simpler than uworld. Only need to know equation and voila the answer. I was soo disappointed with Micro because I invested so much for this and was ready for war but I got barely any micro qs. And one of them I don't even know what they're talking about! :toosad: Immuno qs was okay I guess. Genetics I got mostly about scientists doing some experiments and really try my patience. (Also pharms qs)

Sorry for late reply btw

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey I feel exactly the same way! I took my exam on Monday the 27th and all I keep thinking about are the crazy silly mistakes I made on most of the EASY questions!! I can't believe how I messed up... everyday my list of mistakes that I remember just grows.

My NBMEs were 220s, UWSA1 249 yet that doesn't mean anything to me because I feel like I failed! :toosad: Too many stupid mistakes omg! :(
Well I wouldn't dwell on that too much my friend. But I totally understand. Sometimes the thoughts come uninvited. Sometimes when it comes and I was eating, it took my appetite away :toosad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've met couple of students who felt like they did really bad, but they still have passed the exam.
On the other hand there are those who feel like they did marvellous and were so confident, yet they have almost failed. So cheer up bud! :)
Thanks for your sweet words. :redcheeks;
Hope it's true :plz:
:scared::scared::scared:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts