USMLE Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
Today I took NBME 12 in standard pace today my score was 530-228
Hi, so far In my prep I have only done half of kaplan qbank, and bits and shards of first aid 2013, am a bit bummed about the score but not too much. Where do I go on from here? Will my score remain stagnant at this pace? And what can I do to raise this? Opinions on where I stand based on performace profile and score? Input will be more than appreciated and well received. Thank you in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
454 Posts
Thats an excellent score with respect to what you have done in your prep... Do the FA cover to cover ... Do another qbank... Usmlerx or Uworld.. And i think you would be able to touch 250 +:)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Considering you only did half of kaplan qbank and got a 228 on a practice nbme, I think you did a pretty solid job. I think you should ditch kaplan qbank(for now) and start usmle world qbank. I think it's the number one source for step 1 preparation imo. Expect your score to jump at least by 15-20 points after completing 1st pass of uworld. You should also think about taking the older practice exams not just for the purpose of self-assessment but also for use as an additional question source.

FA when used as a review book and will undoubtedly help your step 1 prep, however I don't see it as absolutely essential as everyone says it is. I did read FA2013 twice although i do wish I had spent more time on other review sources such as kaplan LN and high-yield anatomy series(my exam was very anatomy heavy!).

BTW I completed about 60% of kaplan qbank and it helped me fill knowledge gaps in micro/immuno, anatomy(CTs and MRIs), pharmacology(pharmacokinetics wasn't my strong suit) and a bit of physio. Their pathology questions, in my opinion, are terrible and won't adequately prepare you for the exam as they tend to focus on a lot of low-yield diseases not to mention their pathology explanations leave a lot to be desired.

I hope this helped.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I got the same score. Before you do NBME 13, trust me and read FA and know it well. I assure you that the answers for NBME 11, 12, 13, and 15 are all within FA.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow!
Tons of awesome feedback! Thanks guys! Will try to find other practice exams. Usmle world will definetly be stressed in my prep. thanks guys!

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey do u have any link to download these dit solid series pharmacology videos .. please help i need them asap

Hello everyone
Today I took NBME 12 in standard pace today my score was 530-228
Hi, so far In my prep I have only done half of kaplan qbank, and bits and shards of first aid 2013, am a bit bummed about the score but not too much. Where do I go on from here? Will my score remain stagnant at this pace? And what can I do to raise this? Opinions on where I stand based on performace profile and score? Input will be more than appreciated and well received. Thank you in advance
hey do u have any link to download these dit solid series pharmacology videos .. please help i need them asap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts