USMLE Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I just want to ask : Does the ECFMG verify the transfer credits with the medical school a student transferred from only ? or they verify those credits with both schools ? ( medical school transfered from, and medical school transferred to ) .

Thanks ...

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Usually the graduation school only

In the usual situation, they verify with the school that you graduated from only. They ask them to send them documented proof of the transferred credit.

However, sometimes problems occur and they may decide to contact the initial school, they deal with credit transfer on a case-by-case consideration and there's no one rule.

I know 4 people with credit transfer, 3 of them got their verification done by the graduation school only and the 4th has got to verify from both schools.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi

I have heard that - to meet the medical education credential requirements for ECFMG Certification, an IMG must have been awarded credit for at least four credit years (academic years for which credit has been given toward completion of the medical curriculum) by a medical school that is listed in IMED.
So what does it mean? In our university 50 marks is pass mark and 75 marks is distinction. Although marks are given out of 100, nobody gets 100 marks. I wanna know how many minimum marks should one get to be eligible to take USMLE Steps? pls kindly reply. Thanks
n.khinezan

·
Registered
4 Posts
In the usual situation, they verify with the school that you graduated from only. They ask them to send them documented proof of the transferred credit.

However, sometimes problems occur and they may decide to contact the initial school, they deal with credit transfer on a case-by-case consideration and there's no one rule.

I know 4 people with credit transfer, 3 of them got their verification done by the graduation school only and the 4th has got to verify from both schools.
hii sabio .....i studied at belarus university for 2 years and then took transfer to russian university....mine final diplom transcript clearly mention about mine transfer and the subject i studied ther with thr respective hours n marks ...so can i request that "transferred credit reported in the transcript. " to ecfmg...or i have to bring some documents from that belarus university??? kindly help pls..as u know 3 4 students who did that....

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have heard that - to meet the medical education credential requirements for ECFMG Certification, an IMG must have been awarded credit for at least four credit years (academic years for which credit has been given toward completion of the medical curriculum) by a medical school that is listed in IMED.
So what does it mean? In our university 50 marks is pass mark and 75 marks is distinction. Although marks are given out of 100, nobody gets 100 marks. I wanna know how many minimum marks should one get to be eligible to take USMLE Steps? pls kindly reply. Thanks
n.khinezan
plz reply, i have the same question...

·
Registered
2 Posts
numeric number

plz the website dont accept a credite for courses if it have 0.5
for example if the credite points are 3 its ok
but if its 3.5 the web dont accept to proceed asking me to inter a numeric number
what can i do?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts