USMLE Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the approximate fees of transport in city during elective time ?
Would be a monthly subscription ? What are the approximate monthly fees ? ( not NYC, Chicago or Cali, I know these must be exceptional!!)

What are fees of transport between two big cities in different states ?
distance about 150-200 Miles ?

May these questions seem silly, but it is very important as orientation.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Some idea

If you are going to live in a crowded metropolitan (big) city then your best bet is to use the public transportation such as the subway, trains, and buses. This will cost you anywhere from $100 to $500 per month depending on how far you live from the place of work.

The most economic way is to live very nearby the hospital to avoid paying transportation fees and you WALK to the hospital.

As for interstate transportation, you take the long distance bus and that's usually costly like $100 or more for the 150-250 miles.

If you can afford, renting a car might be a better alternative if you expect to be traveling between cities frequently.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
I know that there's one in Houston Texas and Philadelphia but am not sure about other cities.
The monthly subscription will cost you somewhere around $50 and it will save you like $10-15 per month compared if you purchase the tickets daily.

I wanted to remind you that if you are going to the North East, remember that in Winter time, there will always be delays in public transportation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts