USMLE Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question One:
Does it matter if I take my step 1 after 2 yrs of graduation?

Question Two:
I failed once in anatomy and once in pathology during my med school. Is this going to affect me in getting a match for the residency even if i get 240+ in step 1?

thanks..

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Answer One:
No it does not matter. There are people taking Step 1 many years after graduation. I know friends who have taken the exam 20 years after the exam!

Answer Two:
Your failure during the medical school will only show up in MSPE and this is not always needed as it can be replaced by Dean's letter.
See this thread
http://www.usmle-forums.com/residency-match-recommended-threads/1266-mspe-deans-letter-eras.html
for more details about this
hey thanks for the encouragement :)...

i am doing only physiology rite now, should i do it with pathology ( kaplan and goljan) e.g. after doing a topic from physio should i do its patho as well or should i finish all of the physio first and then move onto patho?

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
System wise or Subject wise it deosn't matter

hey thanks for the encouragement :)...

i am doing only physiology rite now, should i do it with pathology ( kaplan and goljan) e.g. after doing a topic from physio should i do its patho as well or should i finish all of the physio first and then move onto patho?
It doesn't matter. Do whatever you feel comfortable with. US medical students and many modernized overseas schools usually follow the sytematic approach like doing blocks of cardiovascular, abdomen, respiratory ..etc while the old system is still go with subjects patho, physio, pharma ...etc.
If you are reading Kaplan Notes then you probably go by the subjects.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts