USMLE Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some queries regarding USCE: observership and externship....

1. If we are interested in internal medicine residency program, is it better to choose Int. medicine as interested department or the other subspecialties like infectious diseases/endocrinology during the application for either of it?

2. Does anyone knows teaching hospitals/ specialty hospitals that offer externship preferably or observership in and around Houston?

Thanks in advance
:happy:

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Two answers

Answer one:
It doesn't matter where you do it as long as it is and IM branch and the subspecialty is available in the form of fellowship (e.g. infectious diseases, endocrinology, nephrology, cardiology, gastroenterology ...etc) but if the subspecialty is available in the form of an advanced residency program (e.g. dermatology, radiology, neurology, ...etc) then it's better to try to find USCE in that subspecialty itself.

Answer two:
-University of Texas - Houston
-MD Anderson
-The Methodist
-St. Luke

all of them have observership opportunities. You just need to go there and meet people and try to find an attending who's willing to accept [connections really matter in that regard].
I am not aware of any externships opportunities in Houston.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks...

Answer one:
It doesn't matter where you do it as long as it is and IM branch and the subspecialty is available in the form of fellowship (e.g. infectious diseases, endocrinology, nephrology, cardiology, gastroenterology ...etc) but if the subspecialty is available in the form of an advanced residency program (e.g. dermatology, radiology, neurology, ...etc) then it's better to try to find USCE in that subspecialty itself.

Answer two:
-MD Anderson
-The Methodist
-St. Luke

all of them have observership opportunities. You just need to go there and meet people and try to find an attending who's willing to accept [connections really matter in that regard].
thanks sabio...:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Answer one:

Answer two:
-MD Anderson
-The Methodist
-St. Luke

any latest info?
if someone has
hospital addresses? contacts?
links?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts