USMLE Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I searched for some programs in FREIDA I found that sentence :
Unrestricted state medical license for this state

The answer was "no"....I know that " No " would be in California since it needs special PTAL...but I found the answer is " No" in most states!!
Could anybody explain what do they mean with that?

Another question, I searched in some websites of medical boards for many states..I did not find my school listed in the approved medical schools.
i.e I did not find my school in the list of approved schools in Texas.

Is question two related to question one?
If my school is not approved in a state, can I do residency in that state? or the problem is when I want to apply for board not residency?

P.S : my School is listed in the Imed in FAIMER

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Please post the link

Can you post the link that lists the medical schools that are accepted in Texas?

I think you are mixing with list of "unaccepted schools" not accepted schools.

Several states have banned Caribbean Medical Schools following what the California Medical Boards have decided years ago. Examples are Texas and Arizona.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Not sure

http://www.tmb.state.tx.us/professionals/physicians/applicants/STDNHPSE.rtf
plz answer me through my previous questions, thank you Sabio :)
I don't want to tell you something that am not sure of. But as far as I understand from this page http://www.tmb.state.tx.us/apps/physician_checklist.php is that you don't need to have your medical school listed in that document if you are going to apply via FCVS so you are not going to have problems.

As far as the FREIDA search I could not find this criteria, can you tell me exactly where did you find "unrestricted medical license"

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't want to tell you something that am not sure of. But as far as I understand from this page http://www.tmb.state.tx.us/apps/physician_checklist.php is that you don't need to have your medical school listed in that document if you are going to apply via FCVS so you are not going to have problems.

As far as the FREIDA search I could not find this criteria, can you tell me exactly where did you find "unrestricted medical license"
After the list of programs appears>>> you choose any program then there is information about it>>>>then General Information>>>Scroll down where information of Visa...etc

Here's what I see
Untitled.jpg
click to enlarge

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
After the list of programs appears>>> you choose any program then there is information about it>>>>then General Information>>>Scroll down where information of Visa...etc

Here's what I see
View attachment 900
click to enlarge
this has the following meaning,
You don't need an unrestricted license in order to be able to join this residency program.

That's it, it has no other meaning

1 - 6 of 6 Posts